Generator full load current = Gen kVA x 1.445. This current will be at 0.8PF.
Generator full load current at unity = kVA current / 1.25
• Must the panel allow for selecting between ESKOM and generator or is the generator the only power source?
• If selection is required, must the selection be done automatically or manually?
• The selection will also determine if the generator will start automatically or manual.
The main functions of a canopy is attenuation and weather protection. With normal canopy designs, sound levels will typically be between 75dB and 85dB at 10 meters, depending on the size of the engine. Please specify for super silent canopy requirements.
• Water / coolant heater. The purpose is to prevent cold starts in cold regions.
• Dummy loads. It is essential that a diesel engine operates under at least 60% of its rated output capacity at 80% of its running time. It is harmful for diesel engines to operate under low load conditions for long periods of time.
• Fire switch
• Fuel filler pump. Manual or electrical
• Audible and visual alarms
• SMS systems. These are very powerful systems for status updates and long distance control. The possibilities are endless.
The basic characteristics of a synchronization system are:
• Any number of machines up to sixteen can be synchronised to a single load.
• The PLC will determine the load requirement over a short period of time and automatically determine the amount of machines required for the demand. The PLC will select the machine with the highest amount of hours and switch it off.
• When the demand increases, the PLC will automatically start and synchronize the required amount of machines to increase the supply.
Advantages of a synchronised system
• In cases of supply demand higher than 700kVA there is a significant cost saving on the purchase price and fuel usage.
• Due to the nature of the system, engines will rarely run under low load conditions. This will increase the life expectancy of the engines.
• Multiple machine systems have the advantage of having spare capacity when one machine is down.
RSA Bardo Electrical Systems (Pty) Ltd will contract the services of a Gauteng company to build the Generator and Control Panel, and commission. We will install all other cables, sub distribution boards and power to the required components, and will be responsible for the issuing of the Certificate of Compliance, the necessary Change Control, Method Statements and working closely with the Fire Chief, and Developers.
Below are recommended makes:
- Deutz Generators
- Doosan Generators
- Fawde Generator
- Iveco Generators
- Lovol Generators
- Perkins Generators
- Scania Generators
- Volvo Generators